Share With Your Networks
Use these template materials to share information about the campaign with your colleagues, aging services peers, and in your community.
Engage on Social Media:
Whether you’re using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn -- or all of the above -- engage your networks with this campaign to educate millennials on LTSS financing and empower them to advocate for solutions.
Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram
- Like @LeadingAge
- Share and “like” campaign content on ours and other sites to help spread the word.
- Add the hashtag #CarryTheConvo to your posts/tweets so all campaign participants can see them.
- We are excited to join the Carry the Conversation campaign, which empowers millennials to speak out on the need for long-term services and supports financing options. Learn how you can join the movement at carrytheconvo.org @leadingage #CarryTheConvo
- Regardless of your age or the health of your parents, you need to start a conversation about how your family will meet future long-term care needs. Learn how at carrytheconvo.org @leadingage #CarryTheConvo
- It’s urgent that millennials advocate for affordable long-term services and supports options before the senior population grows even more. The average costs are $48,000 annually for in-home assistance and families pay more than 50 percent of high-level long-term care costs out-of-pocket. Join the community and the conversation at carrytheconvo.org @leadingage #CarryTheConvo
- How are millennial caregivers impacted? Millennials spend a higher share of their incomes on caregiving than any other generation, with 54% of employed millennial caregivers reporting the stress and lack of support having negative impact on their paid work. Learn more about how to change the status quo at www.carrytheconvo.org #CarryTheConvo @AARP
- Who are the millennial caregivers? 27% of are Hispanic/Latino, 47% are men, 51% are the sole caregiver and are alone in their #caregiving duties. Learn more about how unpaid family caregiving impacts millennials at www.carrytheconvo.org #CarryTheConvo @AARP
- NEW! The Carry the Conversation campaign empowers #millennials to speak out on the need for long-term services and supports financing options. Join us and learn more at carrytheconvo.org @leadingage #CarryTheConvo
- #Medicare does not pay for most long-term services and supports & many #LTSS insurance plans are expensive. So how do you pay? Educate yourself and learn how to advocate for affordable solutions at carrytheconvo.org @leadingage #CarryTheConvo
- Half of us will, at some point, need help with everyday activities like eating, bathing, dressing, and walking. Millennials need to be informed about #LTSS and then advocate for affordable solutions. Learn more at carrytheconvo.org @leadingage #CarryTheConvo
- Carry the Conversation: Be the Voice of Long-Term Services and Supports raises awareness about the prevalence of caregivers ages 20-36 and the lack of affordable long-term services and supports options available. Take action at carrytheconvo.org @leadingage #CarryTheConvo
- How are #millennial caregivers impacted? Millennials spend a higher share of their incomes on #caregiving than any other generation. Learn more about how to change the status quo at www.carrytheconvo.org #CarryTheConvo [attach infocard] @LeadingAge @AARP
- DID YOU KNOW: #Millennial family caregivers provide, on average, more than 20 hrs/wk caring for a loved one, AND 1 in 3 millennial caregivers earns less than $30k/yr. Join the movement to support millennial caregivers: www.carrytheconvo.org #CarryTheConvo @LeadingAge @AARP
- Who are the #millennial caregivers? 27% of are Hispanic/Latino. 47% are men. 51% are the sole caregiver and are alone in their #caregiving duties. Learn more about how unpaid family caregiving impacts millennials at www.carrytheconvo.org #CarryTheConvo @LeadingAge @AARP
- DID YOU KNOW? Almost 3 in 4 #millennial caregivers are employed, more than other #caregiver generations. The @LeadingAge #CarryTheConvo campaign aims to build a community of millennial caregivers, learn more at www.carrytheconvo.org @AARP
IDEAS FOR INSTAGRAM:
- Share an infocard from the campaign (see below).
- Use language from the above sample posts and tweets for the comment.
- Include the @leadingage handle.
- Include multiple hashtags, such as: #CarryTheConvo #millennials #caregiver #care #themoreyouknow #future #financialfreedom #life #family #talk #awareness #advocate #longevity #grassroots #jointhemovement
Access a folder where you can find infocards to share on social media.
SOCIAL MEDIA BANNER IMAGES
Access a folder where you can find banner images for Facebook and Twitter.
Sample Newsletter Article:
Campaign Launched to Educate, Empower Millennials Around LTSS
LeadingAge, a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization that provides a voice for aging in America, is launching a campaign asking millennials to speak out on the need for long-term services and supports financing options. With more than 10 million millennials, or one in three people age 20-36, providing care for a loved one and potentially delaying life experiences due to the time and financial cost of caregiving, LeadingAge is leading the conversation about what millennials and lawmakers can do to create sustainable and affordable financing solutions.
Visit www.leadingage.org/carrytheconvo to learn more about the campaign and find out how you can get involved.
For more information, contact Amanda Marr at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download the one-pager.
Other Ways to Get Involved
JOIN THE MOVEMENT
Sign up to show your support for and build awareness of long-term services and supports financing reform. We’ll send you periodic campaign updates, including requests to contact your congresspeople when legislation is introduced on the topic.
CARE AND SHARE SELFIE CAMPAIGN
Are you a millennial that cares for a friend or family member? We want to hear from you! Take a photo with your care partner and share it using #careandshare
Are you a millennial that cares for a friend or family member? We want to hear from you. Dial this number and leave a message about your experience caring for a loved one: 804-596-9846. Please include your name and where you are from. 2-minute maximum. Stories will be condensed and shared through LeadingAge communication channels.
Access information about long-term services and supports and millennial caregiving.