CAST Case Study: HealthMEDX
Illinois-based Lexington Health System selected the Vision® Electronic Medical Record (EMR) platform from CAST Supporter HealthMEDX to help it pursue 3 strategic goals:
- Reduce hospital readmission rates through enhanced care coordination.
- Support the Meaningful Use efforts of referral partners.
- Position itself as the provider of choice within its referral market.
This HealthMEDX Vision implementation is the subject of a new CAST Case Study entitled “ROI of Full Implementation: Reduced Readmissions and Significant Increase in Referrals.”
Lexington decided on a full EMR implementation strategy, which included these components of the HealthMEDX Vision solution:
- Clinical EMR.
- Financial (accounts receivable and billing).
- iCare mobile physician access.
- Touchscreen solution for certified nursing assistant documentation.
- Acute-care interoperability, including an exchange of interoperable Continuity of Care Document.
- Reporting and analytics.
Since the Vision implementation was completed in 2013, Lexington has reduced readmission rates from more than 20% to 9.5% across all of its care settings. In addition, some of Lexington’s skilled nursing settings have seen up to a 500% increase in referrals.
Read the full Case Study to find out about lessons learned during the EMR implementation and advice that Lexington Health Network has for other providers.