CAST Updates Social Connectedness and Engagement Technology Tool
CAST | April 20, 2020 | by Donna Childress
Find new products and case studies to help you choose solutions that ease the challenges of social distancing.
LeadingAge CAST has updated its Social Connectedness and Engagement Technology Tool. The new tool includes a Product Matrix and Online Selection Tool for 45 products, including three new products, as well as six new case studies.
Three New Products
The new products include the following:
- LifePod, the first proactive-voice caregiving service, helps professional and family caregivers to monitor and support those in need of care in their homes using state-of-the-art, two-way voice interfaces.
- Well Connected, a telephone and online community made up of participants, staff, facilitators, presenters, and other volunteers who care about each other and who value feeling connected.
- VoiceFriend, a simple yet powerful notification solution that enables you to easily keep seniors, staff and families informed of emergencies, important information and key events.
Six New Case Studies
The updated tool includes six new case studies that you can learn from and replicate:
- Improving System-Wide Communication with Connected Living Enterprise Platform During the COVID-19 Crisis: During the first few weeks of the COVID-19 pandemic, an enterprise communication platform from CAST Supporter Connected Living that incorporates mobile push notifications led to improved customer experience and staff efficiency at Waterman Village Retirement Community. See a summary and the full case study.
- Improving Resident Independence and Satisfaction Through Smart Voice Technology: Friendship Village partnered with LeadingAge CAST Supporter Caremerge to roll out a campus-wide voice technology platform called Caremerge Voice, which leverages Alexa’s natural language listening capabilities. The solution increased residents’ device use by 30% and demonstrates the benefits of Alexa’s Name Free Skill Innovation (NFSI). See a summary and the full case study.
- Reducing Social Isolation Through Virtual Group Activity: Well Connected and Well Connected Español, at LeadingAge member Covia Community Services, offer more than 80 activities each week via phone and/or web conference. Participants self-reported 83% increased intellectual stimulation, 76% increased social connections, and 63% improved mental health. See the case study.
- Increasing Resident and Staff Engagement Through Technology: LeadingAge CAST Patron HumanGood, a housing and healthcare nonprofit, piloted a resident engagement platform by CAST Business Associate Cubigo. Now, 61% of residents have an account, two-thirds of accounts are used weekly, and residents use the technology to directly make 55% of requests. More than 10,000 requests have been made and team members are saving 10 hours of work per week per community. See the case study.
- Connecting and Engaging Residents through Customized Technology: By working collaboratively with Viibrant and integrating voice technology, LeadingAge CAST Patron Ingleside Engaged Living, a multi-site family of senior living affiliates, was able to provide access for all residents, including those with mobility, dexterity, vision and/or cognitive challenges. The community saw an adoption rate of over 75%. See the case study.
- Staff Augmentation and Increased Engagement through Technology: By using Linked Senior to increase meaningful engagement among residents, Westminster-Canterbury Shenandoah Valley achieved a 60% reduction in staff research and preparation time for engagement, increased staff efficiency and satisfaction, and 100% visibility of resident engagement in real-time. See the case study.