UPDATED July 15 — Visit this page regularly for current information, tools, and resources to help LeadingAge members plan for and respond to COVID-19.
NEW CAMPAIGN: ACT FOR OLDER ADULTS
The "Act For Older Adults" campaign is rallying Americans from all walks of life to add their voice to ours. Across the country, executives, care workers, residents and their families and friends are reaching out to demand that Congress enact comprehensive relief for older Americans. Join us!
We are sharing the very latest with members twice each weekday. Subscribe to "LeadingAge Need to Know" via communications preferences in your MyLeadingAge account to receive morning email updates. Register to join live online updates at at 3:30 p.m. ET.
See an archive of all member updates.
- Non-Compliance Notices Available, Reconsideration Requests due Aug. 18 (7/15/20) NEW
- LeadingAge takes stock of HUD progress during COVID-19 (7/15/20) UPDATED
- CMS Extends Deadlines for HCBS Settings Rule (7/14/20)
- LeadingAge Provider Relief Explainer Document Updated (7/14/20)
- HUD announces Service Coordinator CARES Act allocation (7/10/20)
- HUD releases plan to resume “light touch” MORs (7/10/20)
- HUD grants vacancy claims flexibility for COVID-19 (7/9/20)
- House Appropriators: New Section 202 Homes Needed (7/8/20)
- HUD issues evictions guidance, housing stability brochure (7/7/20)
- OSHA Respiratory Protection Program & Mask Fittings (7/7/20)
- Lifeline 101: A Joint Presentation by HUD and the FCC July 7 webinar recording (7/15/20) NEW
- WEBINAR: COVID-19 Employment Law Update: Reopening the Workplace (7/15/20) NEW
- QUICKCAST: Preparing to Resume Dining Services (7/15/20) NEW
- LeadingAge Provider Relief Fund Explainer (7/14/20)
- State Nursing Home Testing Payment Policies Tracker (accurate as of July 13, 2020)
- Senior Housing Weekly: Recap of LeadingAge Updates (7/10/20)
- CMS Toolkit on State Actions to Mitigate COVID-19 Prevalence in Nursing Homes (7/7/20)
- Senior Housing Weekly: Recap of LeadingAge Updates (7/2/20)
- Diagnostic Testing Support for Affordable Housing Communities (6/17/20)
- Staff Vacations and Travel Considerations During COVID-19 (6/17/20)
- Statement for the Record on COVID-19 and Nursing Homes (7/10/20)
- LeadingAge, ElevatingHOME, VNAA Comments on CMS' May Interim Final Rule (7/7/20)
- $1.2B Senior Housing Relief Bill Introduced in Senate (7/2/20)
- Letter to the President and VP: Don’t Forget About Older Americans (6/18/20)
- LeadingAge and VNAA/ElevatingHOME Letter to Congress on COVID-19 Relief Package (6/15/20) REVISED
- LeadingAge and VNAA/ElevatingHOME Statement for the Record: Senate Special Committee on Aging (5/29/20)
- LeadingAge and VNAA/ElevatingHOME Letter to Congress on COVID-19 Testing Needs (5/28/20)
A complete timeline of advocacy is available here.
QUESTIONS? Ask LeadingAge National, Your State Association, or Each Other: There are many ways to get help during this crisis. Staff at LeadingAge’s national office are always here for you. Contact our team directly or email us at email@example.com. If you have questions about local and state issues, contact your state association. Join the MyLeadingAge Member Community COVID-19 group to ask questions, access resources, and share best practices for dealing with the coronavirus.