UPDATED August 13 — Visit this page regularly for current information, tools, and resources to help LeadingAge members plan for and respond to COVID-19.
NEW CAMPAIGN: ACT FOR OLDER ADULTS
The "Act For Older Adults" campaign is rallying Americans from all walks of life to add their voice to ours. Across the country, executives, care workers, residents and their families and friends are reaching out to demand that Congress enact comprehensive relief for older Americans. Join us!
We are sharing the very latest with members. Subscribe to "LeadingAge Need to Know" via communications preferences in your MyLeadingAge account to receive email updates every weedkday morning. Register to join live coronavirus policy online updates on Mondays and Wednesdays at 3:30 p.m. E.T.
See an archive of all member updates.
- PBJ Staffing Data Submissions Due (8/11/20)
- NHSN Data Elements on Testing Updated (8/11/20)
- HUD Announces October Restart of Physical Inspections (8/10/20)
- More Providers Eligible to Apply for Relief Funds (8/10/20)
- HUD announces October restart of physical inspections (8/7/20)
- NSPIRE physical inspection standards updated; HUD to join LeadingAge call (8/5/20)
- COVID-19 Hospice Respite Care Relief Act Introduced (8/4/20)
- Point-of-Care Testing Q&A (8/4/20)
- New & Extended Provider Relief Fund Opportunities (8/3/20)
- HUD answers COVID-19 Payment Request Questions (8/3/20)
- New HUD FHA Commissioner and Assistant Secretary for Housing (7/31/20)
- Highlights from HUD's July 31 Multifamily Q&A (7/31/20)
- HEALS Act Highlights for Aging Services (7/28/20)
- Senior Housing Weekly: Recap of LeadingAge Updates (8/7/20)
- Nursing Home Weekly: Recap of LeadingAge Updates (8/7/20)
- Senior Housing Weekly: Recap of LeadingAge Updates (7/31/20)
- Nursing Home Weekly: Recap of LeadingAge Updates (7/31/20)
- Nursing Home Weekly: Recap of LeadingAge Updates (7/24/20)
- Senior Housing Weekly: Recap of LeadingAge Updates (7/24/20)
- Nursing Homes Blanket Waivers Chart REVISED (7/24/20)
- LeadingAge and VNAA/ElevatingHOME Letter to Congress on COVID-19 Relief (8/11/20)
- House Passes FY21 HUD Bill; $110M for New 202s (7/31/20)
- LeadingAge Letter to Admiral Giroir on HHS Testing for Nursing Homes (7/29/20)
- Civil Liability Protections in the Safe to Work Act (7/28/20)
- LeadingAge Priorities for HUD’s Return to Physical Inspection Operations (7/23/20)
- July 21 Act for Older Adults Hill Briefing Presentation (7/21/20)
- Hill Briefing on LeadingAge's Act for Older Adults Campaign (7/21/20)
- LeadingAge and VNAA/ElevatingHOME Letter to Pence on Defense Production Act (7/20/20)
- Statement for the Record on COVID-19 and Nursing Homes (7/10/20)
- LeadingAge, ElevatingHOME, VNAA Comments on CMS' May Interim Final Rule (7/7/20)
- $1.2B Senior Housing Relief Bill Introduced in Senate (7/2/20)
- Letter to the President and VP: Don’t Forget About Older Americans (6/18/20)
- LeadingAge and VNAA/ElevatingHOME Letter to Congress on COVID-19 Relief Package (6/15/20) REVISED
- LeadingAge and VNAA/ElevatingHOME Statement for the Record: Senate Special Committee on Aging (5/29/20)
- LeadingAge and VNAA/ElevatingHOME Letter to Congress on COVID-19 Testing Needs (5/28/20)
A complete timeline of advocacy is available here.
QUESTIONS? Ask LeadingAge National, Your State Association, or Each Other: There are many ways to get help during this crisis. Staff at LeadingAge’s national office are always here for you. Contact our team directly or email us at email@example.com. If you have questions about local and state issues, contact your state association. Join the MyLeadingAge Member Community COVID-19 group to ask questions, access resources, and share best practices for dealing with the coronavirus.