UPDATED September 22 — Visit this page regularly for current information, tools, and resources to help LeadingAge members plan for and respond to COVID-19.
DO YOUR PART: NATIONAL DAY OF ACTION ON WEDNESDAY, SEPT. 22
The "Act For Older Adults" campaign is rallying Americans from all walks of life to add their voice to ours. With negotiations stalled on the next coronavirus relief package, we need Congress to act for older adults before they leave Washington, DC. Across the country, executives, care workers, residents and their families and friends are reaching out to demand that Congress enact comprehensive relief for older Americans. Join us.
We are sharing the very latest with members. Subscribe to "LeadingAge Need to Know" via communications preferences in your MyLeadingAge account to receive email updates every weedkday morning. Register to join live online coronavirus policy updates on Mondays and Wednesdays at 3:30 p.m. E.T.
See an archive of all member updates.
- HUD Permits Alternatives to Resident Meetings for RAD (9/21/20)
- HHS Issues PRF Reporting Guidance with Limits on Lost Revenue (9/20/20)
- CMS Revises Visitation Guidance to Allow More Visitation Options (9/18/20)
- New Key Deadlines for Phase 2 Provider Relief Fund Applications (9/18/20)
- LeadingAge and BD Veritor Antigen Testing Training Webinar (9/18/20)
- Details Announced on $2B in Nursing Home Infection Control Incentive Payments (9/18/20)
- Coronavirus Commission Report Released; Administration Responds (9/18/20)
- Extension of Provider Relief Deadline for Private Pay Only AL and Nursing Homes (9/16/20)
- CMS Issues New FAQs for PACE Organizations (9/16/20)
- Proposed Medicaid Fiscal Accountability Regulation (MFAR) Withdrawn (9/14/20)
- CDC Releases COVID-19 Recommendations for Multifamily Housing Providers (9/10/20)
- CMS Hosts Testing Webinar: Abbott Rapid Tests to be Sent to Some Nursing Homes (9/10/20)
- HUD Announces Service Coordinator COVID-19 Payments (9/10/20) UPDATED
- HUD establishes national disaster response team (9/8/20)
- Abbott BinaxNow Webinar for Assisted Living Facilities (9/18/20)
- Senior Housing Weekly: Recap of LeadingAge Updates (9/18/20)
- Nursing Home Weekly: Recap of LeadingAge Update (9/18/20)
- COVID-19 Hospice Respite Care Relief Act Introduced (9/21/20) UPDATED
- LeadingAge Congressional Asks (9/15/20)
- COVID-19 Relief Bill State of Play (9/9/20)
- CDC Issues Federal Eviction Moratorium (9/1/20)
- Fall 2020 Advocacy With Congress (8/25/20)
A complete timeline of advocacy is available here.
QUESTIONS? Ask LeadingAge National, Your State Association, or Each Other: There are many ways to get help during this crisis. Staff at LeadingAge’s national office are always here for you. Contact our team directly or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have questions about local and state issues, contact your state association. Join the MyLeadingAge Member Community COVID-19 group to ask questions, access resources, and share best practices for dealing with the coronavirus.