The rule proposes a 3.9% payment update that is offset by a 4.6% reduction due to a proposed parity adjustment of the patient-driven payment model (PDPM), resulting in a $320 million payment reduction to Skilled Nursing Facilities (SNFs) in FY 2023. Additionally, the rule incorporates several initiatives announced in the Biden Administration’s nursing home reform agenda, Protecting Seniors by Improving Safety and Quality of Care in the Nation’s Nursing Homes, such as a request for information on minimum staffing standards. The proposed rule also outlines changes and updates to the Quality Reporting System and Value Based Purchasing.
LeadingAge will submit official comments on the proposed rule and encourage members to comment as well. The deadline to submit comments is June 10, 2022. We have compiled the resources below to assist LeadingAge members as they take action on this rule:
- LeadingAge's Comments
- Template Letter to CMS from Family Member of Resident
- Send a Letter to CMS on Proposed Payment Cuts
- Tips from LeadingAge for Submitting Comments on Proposed Rule (for LeadingAge members only; you must log in to your My LeadingAge account to access this resource)
- LeadingAge’s initial analysis of CMS Proposed SNF PPS Rule Release
- LeadingAge’s article on how the Proposed Rule Brings Changes Big and Small to SNF VBP and QRP