Array ( ) Array ( )
CAST Resident/Client Technology Support and Training Case Studies
Below is a list of all our Resident/Client Technology Support and Training case studies.
2021 Case Studies
- Acts’ Resident Technology Amenity Program: Acts implemented on-site support and a toll-free hotline, which completed 3,235 requests across 10,000 residents in the program’s first full year. Maintenance and security staff are now free from technology requests. Requests for mobile smart device support to stay in contact with family members have surged.
- Creating a Resident Technology Support Service: HumanGood used its own local IT administrators, supported by an offshore helpdesk service and a new service management system, to provide tech support requests and classes. The pilot began in February 2019, and after its first three months, resident satisfaction increased by an average of 3%, and after six months, it rose over 17%. HumanGood has expanded the service to all 18 communities. Although a revamped program, RTSS 2.0, slated for an April 2020 rollout was postponed due to the pandemic, HumanGood has continued providing help by increasing one-on-one support for residents—particularly with hundreds of requests for assistance in downloading Zoom and telemedicine apps.
- Intergenerational Technology Support and Training during COVID-19: Going Virtual: Pre-COVID, Cyber-Seniors supported organizations who serve seniors by developing and disseminating resources to enable them to provide in-person tech-training programs using an intergenerational volunteer model. When COVID-19 restrictions were imposed, Cyber-Seniors responded by adapting its existing service delivery model to a virtual format, providing organizations with two options for ensuring seniors have access to tech-training and support.
- Outsourcing Resident Technology Support and Training During COVID-19: Vi at La Jolla Village contracted with Candoo Tech to offer a 90-day pilot program of virtual tech support. After the 2020 pilot, 89% of residents said they would refer Candoo to a friend, and 90% rated their satisfaction overall as excellent.
- Supporting Residents’ Technology through In-House Support Program: Cypress Living developed an in-house program that provides resident tech support and incorporates several audio-visual related service functions. Technology use has increased from 40 residents to well over 200 in five years. The program offsets approximately half of the cost of its personnel through resident tech support billing.