Legislation | Medicaid | Medicare | September 12, 2022

Phase 4 PRF Distributed and Reporting Period Added

BY Nicole

On Friday, September 9, 293 additional providers received $60 million in long-awaited Phase 4 PRF distribution. This represented the 10th batch of funds sent out by the administration from the $17B pot of funds. With this distribution, roughly $1.6B remain available for distribution. HRSA still notes that 99% of Phase 4 applications have now been processed and they endeavor to complete review of the remaining 1% as quickly as possible.

HRSA also added a 5th reporting period to its table to reflect some 2022 PRF distributions received in the first half of the year. These funds will be reported upon beginning in July 2023 but can be use to offset coronavirus expenses and lost revenues from January 1, 2020 through June 30, 2023.  Even though Phase 4 distributions have continued beyond June 30, 2022, HRSA has not announced the details of a 6th reporting period to cover PRF distributions received since July 1, 2022. LeadingAge has included an  6th period in the chart below based upon the timelines applied to prior payment received periods.

Period

Payment Received Period

Period of Availability

Reporting Period

1

April 10-June 30, 2020

January 1, 2020 – June 30, 2021

July 1 – Sept. 30, 2021

2

July 1- December 31, 2020

January 1, 2020 – Dec. 31, 2021

Jan. 1 – March. 31, 2022

3

Jan. 1 – June 30, 2021

Jan. 1, 2020 – June 30, 2022

July 1 – Sept. 30, 2022

4

July 1 – Dec. 31, 2021

Jan.1, 2020 – Dec. 31, 2022

Jan. 1 – March 31, 2023

5

Jan. 1 – June 30, 2022

Jan. 1, 2020 – June 30, 2023

July 1 – Sept. 30, 2023

6**

July 1 – Dec. 31, 2022

Jan. 1, 2020 – Dec. 31, 2023

Jan. 1 – March 31, 2024

**Not confirmed yet by HRSA but based on prior timeframes.

Finally, HRSA sent notices to providers who received more than $10,000 in PRF distributions between January 1 – June 30, 2021 and therefore are required to submit a report on how they used those funds in Reporting Period 3. Separate letters were sent to those providers who have not yet initiated the reporting process for these funds. LeadingAge would recommend these providers begin this process immediately, as all reports must be submitted on later than 11:59 p.m. ET. For first time reporters, you must first register in the portal. For those who have already begun entering their data into the reporting portal, we remind them to not forget to complete their data entry and hit the SUBMIT button before the deadline. Some providers have failed to submit their reports by the deadline in prior reporting periods.

Key reporting tools

Members are encouraged to reach out to Nicole Fallon at LeadingAge if they encounter questions for which they are unable to find answers.