LeadingAge and LeadingAge State Partner Opportunities to Accelerate Your Career
Join LeadingAge’s Student Membership to navigate the fulfilling careers in the aging services field and access national and state partner career development opportunities, peer-to-peer connections, and member resources to thrive. Belong to a passionate, growing community of more than 5,000 aging-focused LeadingAge member organizations committed to making America a better place for older adults.
Complete one application to get both national and state complimentary memberships and benefit from the unique opportunities you need to expand your expertise and begin a career in aging services!
Undergraduate or graduate students who are: (1) 18 years of age or older; (2) enrolled full-time* in an accredited college or university; and (3) not employed full-time with an aging services organization. LeadingAge Student Membership extends one full-year post graduation date. Please email us at Students@LeadingAge.org for changes in your graduation/completion date or contact updates.
Career Development Opportunities
- Browse the LeadingAge Student Center for career tips, tools, and resources to navigate the opportunities in aging services or create your long-term plan.
- Explore the LeadingAge Aging Services Career Center to find internships, view job postings, and gather resources on enhancing your resume and acing your interviews.
- Apply for student scholarships to attend LeadingAge and LeadingAge state partner conferences for unparalleled networking events and educational sessions.
- Experience student-specific programming at the LeadingAge Annual Meeting, Leadership Summit, and LeadingAge state partner events to build connections and gain valuable skills.
- Engage year-round with your peers online in the My LeadingAge Member Community to exchange knowledge, solve problems, and share resources.
- Join the Student and Next Gen Professionals Network to meet peers online and at events that share your desire to make a difference.
- Access LeadingAge technical staff expertise representing the full spectrum of aging services.
- Advocate on federal and state policies affecting the lives of older adults by easily contacting your representatives through the LeadingAge Advocacy Action Center.
- Receive the latest aging services research, news, and resources right in your inbox from LeadingAge and LeadingAge state partner communications, including a student-only newsletter.
- Customize your online learning experience on the LeadingAge Learning Hub by browsing expert-led education on a wide range of topics.
- Leverage member-restricted access to resources, tools, and information, and products on the LeadingAge and LeadingAge state partners’ websites.
*Part-time students may contact us at Students@LeadingAge.org to determine eligibility.