Join LeadingAge’s Student Membership to navigate the fulfilling careers in the aging services field and access national and state partner career development opportunities, peer-to-peer connections, and member resources to thrive. Belong to a passionate, growing community of more than 5,000 aging-focused LeadingAge member organizations committed to making America a better place for older adults.
Complete one application to get both national and state complimentary memberships and benefit from the unique opportunities you need to expand your expertise and begin a career in aging services!
Undergraduate or graduate students who are: (1) 18 years of age or older; (2) enrolled full-time* in an accredited college or university; and (3) not employed full-time with an aging services organization. LeadingAge Student Membership extends one full-year post graduation date. Please email us at Students@LeadingAge.org for changes in your graduation/completion date or contact updates.
Career Development Opportunities
- Browse the LeadingAge Student Center for career tips, tools, and resources to navigate the opportunities in aging services or create your long-term plan.
- Explore the LeadingAge Aging Services Career Center to find internships, view job postings, and gather resources on enhancing your resume and acing your interviews.
- Apply for student scholarships to attend LeadingAge and LeadingAge state partner conferences for unparalleled networking events and educational sessions.
- Experience student-specific programming at the LeadingAge Annual Meeting, Leadership Summit, and LeadingAge state partner events to build connections and gain valuable skills.
- Engage year-round with your peers online in the My LeadingAge Member Community to exchange knowledge, solve problems, and share resources.
- Join the Student and Next Gen Professionals Network to meet peers online and at events that share your desire to make a difference.
- Access LeadingAge technical staff expertise representing the full spectrum of aging services.
- Advocate on federal and state policies affecting the lives of older adults by easily contacting your representatives through the LeadingAge Advocacy Action Center.
- Receive the latest aging services research, news, and resources right in your inbox from LeadingAge and LeadingAge state partner communications, including a student-only newsletter.
- Customize your online learning experience on the LeadingAge Learning Hub by browsing expert-led education on a wide range of topics.
- Leverage member-restricted access to resources, tools, and information, and products on the LeadingAge and LeadingAge state partners’ websites.
*Part-time students may contact us at Students@LeadingAge.org to determine eligibility.