Internships will be posted Fall 2024 on careers.leadingage.org
What is the Summer Enrichment Program?
The Summer Enrichment Program is a 10-week immersive internship hosted by a LeadingAge member organization. We are recruiting a diverse pool of undergraduate and graduate students for a unique opportunity to obtain real world experience in aging services.
What is the purpose?
To provide leadership opportunities for students in aging services that ensures our field is representative of the diversity that makes up our society. The intern will be provided mentors, meaningful work, and access to a professional network that will assist them in reducing barriers to leadership roles within the field of aging.
The field of aging is a rewarding and complex field with abundant career opportunities in a variety of disciplines, including hospitality, culinary, marketing, facilities, development, architecture, clinical, social work, administration, and more. The Summer Enrichment Program internship will provide exposure to these meaningful careers and expand your connections in aging services. Check out this video from the LeadingAge Summer Enrichment Program in 2021.
What are we looking for?
- Students nearing the end of their undergraduate studies or who are in graduate school. For undergraduate students, a minimum of 2 years completed toward Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Works effectively and diplomatically with a variety of stakeholders, including residents, board members, community groups, and government agencies.
How do you apply for a Summer Enrichment Program Internship?
- 2023 Summer Enrichment Program Internship Opportunities will be posted on the LeadingAge Career Center in October, 2022
- Internships will be posted on the LeadingAge Career Center
LeadingAge Members participating in the 2023 Summer Enrichment Program Internship.
- Arbor Acres United Methodist Retirement Community, Winston Salem, North Carolina
- Asbury Communities, Inc., Frederick, Maryland
- Birmingham Green, Manassas, Virginia
- Broadmead, Inc., Baltimore, Maryland
- Channing House, Palo Alto, California
- The Clare, Chicago, Illinois
- Episcopal Retirement Services, Cincinnati, Ohio & Louisville, Kentucky
- Forest Hills of DC, Washington, DC
- Givens Communities, Asheville, NC
- Goodwin Living, Alexandria, Virginia
- Ingleside, Rockville, Maryland
- Jewish Home Family, Inc., Rockleigh, New Jersey
- The Kendal Corporation, Newark, Delaware
- LeadingAge, Washington, DC
- LeadingAge Ohio, Columbus, Ohio
- LeadingAge Virginia, Richmond, Virginia
- McGregor, Cleveland, Ohio
- Mt. San Antonio Gardens, Pomona, California
- Parker Health Group, Inc., Piscataway, New Jersey
- Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care and Rehabilitation, New Hyde Park, New York
- Piper Shores, Scarborough, Maine
- Presbyterian Senior Living – Cathedral Village, Philadelphia, PA
- Presbyterian Villages of Michigan, Southfield, Michigan
- Seabury, Washington, DC
- Stoddard Baptist Nursing Home, Washington, DC
Colleges represented in the 2023 Summer Enrichment Program Internship.
- Bowling Green State University
- Cornell University
- Florida A&M University
- George Washington University
- Indiana University
- Miami University of Ohio
- Rutgers University
- Salisbury University
- Seattle Colleges
- Towson University
- University of Akron
- University of Cincinnati
- University of Delaware
- University of Michigan
- University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
- University of Phoenix
- University of Tennessee Chatanooga
- Virginia Commonwealth University
- Wayne State University
- Yale School of Public Health
- York College, City University of NY