Below is a list of all our Broadband in Affordable Housing case studies.
2022 Case Studies
- Adding Free Campus-Wide Connectivity to Tax-Credit Residents through a Redevelopment Project: During a rehabilitation, the nonprofit Lady of Angels Apartments, Inc. and management company/co-developer LSC Service Corp. installed Wi-Fi and hardwired internet in units, secure Wi-Fi in common areas, and a computer lab in the Franciscan Village Apartments.
- Bringing Fiber Internet to Affordable Housing Residents: In this new construction project involving U.S. Department of Housing & Urban Development funds, an investment from Givens Affordable Communities paid for infrastructure.
- Improving Well-being and Social Connections Through Technology for California Seniors Isolated by COVID-19: At Eskaton and Front Porch, Lighthouse for Older Adults deployed property-wide Wi-Fi with the initial broadband connectivity preference for fiber, and secondarily for high-speed coax, depending on availability of services.
- Providing Campus-Wide Wi-Fi in Affordable Housing: This project involved a full fiber network, CAT6 Cabling, and Wi-Fi installation at UMC The Wesleyan.
- Providing Free Campus-Wide Connectivity to Low-Income Residents through a Redevelopment Project: The nonprofit Bay Interfaith Housing, Inc. also partnered with management company LSC Service Corp. Together they used an LIHTC to modernize the Knickerbocker Senior Apartments, which had 168 units of affordable housing at the time.