January 11, 2023
Supporting the Winter Preparedness Plan
Home » Supporting the Winter Preparedness Plan
The LeadingAge team has been busy finding new ways to partner and provide critical resources to members and support President Biden’s Winter Preparedness Plan. Catch up on the range of resources, initiatives, and partnerships we’ve developed–across departments in true collaboration for members–in this fast-paced timeline.
- The Biden Administration outlines its plan to increase COVID-19 vaccination ratesand manage cases across the country, and LeadingAge issues a joint statement with the American Health Care Association and National Center for Assisted Living (AHCA/NCAL) with a commitment to continued efforts to increase booster rates in nursing home residents and family members.
“We’re All In!”
- The White House releases the COVID-19 Winter Preparedness Plan and LeadingAge jumps to action, joining forces with multiple agencies in a range of initiatives and partnerships. A plan focused on making vaccinations, testing, and treatments even more widely available and accessible aligns perfectly with initiatives already in the works at LeadingAge.
- The All Hands on Deck hub is created to help keep LeadingAge members up-to-date on the developments, partnerships, and activity of this critical initiative.
- LeadingAge awards all of the $80,000 for grant funding to members as part of our ongoing partnership with Community Catalyst and the Vaccine Equity and Access Program (VEAP), a Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) initiative.
- Communications messaging guidance is released by LeadingAge to help members with new strategies for talking with residents, family members and friends, and staff about the importance of staying up-to-date on vaccines—to include state-specific assets, graphics and social assets, and tips for how to spread the word.
- LeadingAge successfully advocates for the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) to change policy that enables long-term care providers to administer COVID-19 vaccines to all residents and staff.
- Free COVID tests for Section 202 Housing providers are arranged for LeadingAge members through a partnership with the departments of Housing and Development (HUD) and Health & Human Services (HHS) in an easy-to-use ordering portal.
- Free COVID tests are offered for ALL provider settings through a LeadingAge/HHS partnership and ordering form on LeadingAge.org.
- LeadingAge continues to report weekly to HHS on All Hands on Deck, outlining all Association activity in support of the partnership forged with HHS and AHCA/NCAL to increase nursing home uptake of bivalent boosters.
- LeadingAge works with HHS to finalize grant funding for members to raise updated booster awareness and increase vaccination among residents, family members, and communities.
- The partnerships and best practices of VEAP member grants will be delivered to all members in a toolkit designed to support relationship and partnership building in communities across the country, along with English and Spanish language creative materials.