This Mother’s Day, LeadingAge is inviting all Americans to join us in the fight to protect the older people we care about most (like our moms!). The campaign is designed to lift up the care workers who have dedicated their lives to caring for older Americans—and are risking their own lives during this crisis.
Just as society has recognized hospital workers and others who have kept America running—we must also honor the hands-on heroes working in nursing homes, assisted living, affordable housing, hospice, and home settings. This campaign engages people from all walks of life to rethink their views on aging services and celebrate these vital heroes.
For the next several days, LeadingAge’s national social accounts will feature the Mother’s Day creative, thanking all the courageous caregivers who are spending time away from their own families under extremely challenging circumstances to be with our moms. We’re encouraging people to show appreciation for those on the front line during this pandemic by sharing these posts and giving a shout-out to a caregiver who is important in their own lives.
This new, shareable creative direction aligns with the many wonderful local campaigns we’ve seen across the country. Following are materials you can use to join us! Encourage the residents, clients, family members, and neighbors in your community to like, share, comment, and celebrate care workers this weekend. The more we amplify the message, the more we can help the public better understand how very important these heroes are.
Facebook, Twitter, Instagram:
- Follow @LeadingAge, and share and like our Mother's Day content to help spread the word
- Use our social media cards and Facebook/Twitter cover images to join in the campaign
- Add #MothersDay and #ThankYouCaregivers to amplify your posts
- Our moms cared for us. Now others are helping care for them. This #MothersDay, let’s thank the special people caring for our mothers. #ThankYouCaregivers
- Let’s hear it for the frontline workers caring for our mothers. #MothersDay #ThankYouCareGivers #OAM2020
- Nursing Assistants. Home Health Aides. Hospice Workers. Doctors. This #MothersDay, let’s thank the special people caring for our mothers. #ThankYouCaregivers #OAM2020
- Thank you to all the caregivers who are with our mothers when we can’t be. #MothersDay #ThankYouCaregivers
- Nursing Assistants. Home Health Aides. Hospice Workers. Doctors. Risking their lives everyday to care for our moms. Let caregivers know how much they mean to us. #ThankYouCaregivers #MothersDay #OAM2020
If you have a special care worker in your own life, you can use these posts:
- Thank you, [insert caregiver’s name or community name] for being there with my mom when I can’t be. Your courageous, selfless acts give me and my family comfort during this time of uncertainty. #MothersDay #ThankYouCaregivers
- Shout out to [insert caregiver’s name or community name] for the care and support you’re providing my mom when I can’t be there with her. I know you’re sacrificing time with your own family to care for mine. We’re forever grateful. #MothersDay #ThankYouCaregivers